Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Update in classes

So it's Wednesday and I have had almost all of my classes so far. I say almost because I still have my long ass class tonight, from 6:30-10:30. Rachel told me that they never actually hold you for that long, and I seriously hope not. I should have taken a nap once I got back from my earlier class. I was up all last night reading and had to get up early so I could go to the main university building to take care of some stuff.
What is that stuff, exactly, that I was taking care of?

I changed my Etnologia Indígena class to a class that I think is much more along the line of what I would really enjoy studying. I mean, I would enjoy the Indigenous Ethnology class, but this other class has much more to do with my major and I might actually get it to transfer so I can get out of taking a class or something.

I decided that, since I already bought one book and copied a few journal articles for reading for the Indigenous Ethnology class I would go ahead and read everything and try to learn from it anyway. So I started reading this book that was required, "Os Índios antes do Brasil" (The Indians before Brazil). It is actually incredibly interesting. In reality, I'd have preferred not to drop any classes and just take all five of them, but there was a big time conflict so I had to drop one. I'll still learn from it.

Anyway, on with the information about this class.

The name of it is "Tópicos Especiais em Ciência Política XVII". There are two professors for it, I'm guessing one for each day. Their names are Nelson Rosário de Souza and Luciana Fernandes Veiga. The professor I met today was Luciana. She seemed like a really cool professor. No one else showed up today except me, so we sat around talking for about 45 minutes. The hours for the class are:
Monday - 9:30 to 11:30
Quarta - 10:30 to 12:30
The general theme of the class is "political communication". From what I can gather, it deals largely with the media, print and TV, and also political propaganda. Looking over the readings and specific objectives of the class, it seems like it will be very interesting.

So my updated schedule is...

Tópicos Especiais em Ciência Política
2a - 9:30 a 11:30 4a - 10:30 a 12:30
Profs. Nelson e Luciana

Tópicos Especiais em História Contemporânea - Os regimes políticos não pluralistas no século XX (Europa e América Latina)
2a e 5a - 15:30 a 17:30
Profa. Helenice

Tópicos Especiais em Sociologia I - A formação do Militante
3a - 9:30 a 11:30 5a - 7:30 a 9:30
Prof. Ângelo José

Antropologias Periféricas
4a - 18:30 a 22:30
Prof. Lorenzo

Okay that's it. I'll update some more later on. Bye!

No comments: