Monday, February 26, 2007

Classes have begun!

Today was the first day of classes here at UFPr (that's Universidade Federal do Paraná, for those of you out there who don't know).
I am taking four classes. I think maybe only three will transfer, but really who cares? I wanna learn, I wanna read, I wanna hear and practice Portuguese... so what better way than to just take a bunch of classes. I was thinking about taking five classes, but as of yet I haven't found a class that is interesting that fits into my schedule.
Anway, I can't remember if I posted what classes I'm taking or not, so I'm gonna go ahead and do it again. I'll post them in a nice little format that makes it easy for everyone to read, that way you don't stress your brain too much.
To make things exciting for me, I went out and bought two little notebooks to use to write shit down in. You know, things like notes. I think there will be a lot of xeroxing and shit again this year, but I like it that way. Not as heavy as big books, although I will have to buy a few.
I had two classes today, and I have one tomorrow and then the fourth one on Wednesday. Anyway, here is my schedule. Once I've had each class at least once (and by that I mean, not just the introductory "let's just go over the syllabus since no one is here today", but an actual class).
So, here's my schedule.
Etnologia Indígena
2a - 7:30 a 9:30 4a - 9:30 a 12:30
Profa. Maria Inês

Tópicos Especiais em História Contemporânea - Os regimes políticos não pluralistas no século XX (Europa e América Latina)
2a e 5a - 15:30 a 17:30
Profa. Helenice

Tópicos Especiais em Sociologia I - A formação do Militante
3a - 9:30 a 11:30 5a - 7:30 a 9:30
Prof. Ângelo José

Antropologias Periféricas
4a - 18:30 a 22:30
Prof. Lorenzo


And now in English:
Indigenous Ethnology
Monday - 7:30 to 9:30 Wednesday - 9:30 to 12:30
Professor Maria Inês

Special Topics in Contemporary History - Nonpluralist Political Regimes in the 20th Century (Europe and Latin America)
Monday and Thursday - 15:30 to 17:30
Professor Helenice

Special Topics in Sociology I - The Formation of the Militant
Tuesday - 9:30 to 11:30 Thursday - 7:30 to 9:30
Professor Ângelo José

Anthropology of the Periphery
Wednesday - 18:30 to 22:30 (that's right, 6:30PM to 10:30PM)
Professor Lorenzo

That's it. I'll post interesting stuff from the classes as they go on. This semester should be very interesting and in a way, not nearly as challenging as last semester, and in another way, much more challenging.
Peace!

No comments: