Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Back in the USA:

I'm in Miami right now peepz. I might see if I can upload a few pictures and post them here. I have 30 minutes I can use. By then it should be time for me to check in for my flight to Raleigh. It boards in about an hour I think and leaves at 8:31, so in pretty much two hours I'll be on another damn plane, my third for the day. The flight didn't take all that long and was pretty decent. We left at 10:20BST (Brazilian Standard Time) and landed in Miami at 5:24PMEST. So an 8 hour flight. Should have taken around 8 1/2 I think was the estimated time.
Anyway it was good. I have no baggage but will explain all that later. I made it through customs with zero problems. Guy took my sheet and was all "okay" and I said "is that it?" He said "yup". I was expecting a damn full body search so I was confused. The guy in front of me had to get searched though so I'm glad I wasn't the first to pass through customs gate 2.
So I'm just waiting now. Let's see what pictures I can get for you guys.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usHere's my chillaxin' on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usView from a huge hill in Belo Horizonte (of the city). I'll get the name of the hill later.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFortune was on our (Becca, Keren and I) side when we found out we just happened to be in Mariana (about 2 1/2 hours from Belo Horizonte) on this day of celebration. More to come about this day later.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usReally nice and old church in Ouro Preto (two hours from Belo Horizonte).
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usRiding the bune duggy from Porto de Galinhas to Muro Alto.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usPicture of the three of us on the dune buggy (Becca, me, Keren).
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usHere's me after climbing up 7 feet of Mangrove tree roots.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usMe hanging out in the Pelô (Pelourinho, locals call it Pelô) in Salvador.

Okay that's it, I'm almost out of time (only paid for thirty minutes). I have a ton of pictures to post and about 25 pages of a little "travel journal" Word document I've been keeping. Stay tuned for more because I'll have it updated quite a bit in the near future. I will be home in about 5 hours (where apparently I have a new bed waiting for me). Okay bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FFS, Miami?
WTF?
Have you nothing to do other than... be in vacation?